Red carpet rolled out for Beckham

David Beckham is flanked by Alexi Lalas (left) and Tim Leiweke

David Beckham has been officially unveiled as an LA Galaxy player to an audience of media and supporters at the club's Home Depot Stadium.

In a ceremony rich in American razzmatazz, several MLS and Galaxy figures praised Beckham.

The 32-year-old midfielder, wearing a grey suit, then rose from his seat as ticker tape flew into the sky.

He then held an LA Galaxy shirt and posed for photographs while the assembled fans chanted his name.
"I'm looking forward to starting training next week and my first game," said Beckham.

"I would like to say how honoured I am to be presented. It is nice to see so many fans.

"I have always looked for challenges and something exciting in my life.

"I think that potentially in the US soccer could be as big as everywhere else in the world."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Visitor,
Please feel free to give your comment. Which picture is the best?
Thanks for your comment.